Monday, February 13, 2012

About managing SQL server 2005

Hi, I just start using MSSQL server 2005, I already install vss studio2005 so SQL server 2005 is already installed by default (expressedition).

But unlike SQL server 2000, I coultn't find any tools similiar to "sqlentreprise manager". I was able to create a new database only fromserver explorer tools in VSS. But pretty strange that this database actlike a microsoft access database (creating a database file on myapp_data folder). (I am sorry I am new in SQL server 2005ExpressEdition ).

My question :
1. is that (above) really how mssql server 2005 works?
2. how to create a new user for this database? (example user: sa password: "admin")

thanks

**BUMP**

Please help me.....Crying [:'(]

|||

Test drive the eval version is it good for 180 days install it as a named instance and register the Express so you can manage it with the management studio of the full version. I have not used the Express but the full version almost self install after you select the components to install, then right click at the top of management studio to register the Express. Hope this helps.

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/downloads/trial-software.mspx

No comments:

Post a Comment