Sunday, February 19, 2012

About repopulate table

Hi Guys,
I have transaction replication setup in my company, and in subscriber there
are some triggers there but not in publication, which is due to business
logic. Now I want to repopulate table's value from publication to subscrition
completely,but I don't want to rerun the snapshot because it will overrite
the triggers in the subscriber. How can do that? Thanks.
Do a no-sync subscription. I think you will want to change the article
properties so that in the snapshot tab, name conflicts section you select
delete all data in table, disable the trigger on the subscriber, run and
deploy the snapshot and then re-enable the trigger.
Hilary Cotter
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
http://www.indexserverfaq.com
"Iter" <Iter@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:ED7B6F2D-4CF7-477D-983A-1AA3740E5A51@.microsoft.com...
> Hi Guys,
> I have transaction replication setup in my company, and in subscriber
> there
> are some triggers there but not in publication, which is due to business
> logic. Now I want to repopulate table's value from publication to
> subscrition
> completely,but I don't want to rerun the snapshot because it will overrite
> the triggers in the subscriber. How can do that? Thanks.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment