Friday, February 24, 2012

About SQL Mobile Server

I need to export(import) data from Pocket PC(SQL Mobile Server) to SQl Server 2005(central data storage) in real time, if anyone knows how it would be better and faster to do...Maybe someone have done something like this...

Sorry for my English, I use it at first for last 6 years...)))

What's "real time" in your case? Also, since you have to have connection at all times for "real time" synchronization, why could not you use SQL Client to talk to SQL Server 2005 directly?

|||Do you have wireless connection between the central database and pocket pc?
|||

Sorry that I didn't answer erlear but for my headake list of my problems is very big...and know I hate peoples who write viruses .....

You See SQL Client...it's not best idea, cause I will have dial-up connect from Pocket PC to central DataBase (6-10GB) and I dont need to see it all..only several tables...and can upgrade them if it need..So I think that it better to make programm which will work with SQL Mobile Server..and then connect to central SQL Server and upgrade it...So I have a question...how it would be better to do...the component which syncronize databases don't work(it's writes that she need .net framework v 2.0.50727 or something like this i have installed .net framework...and so i don't know what is she want from me) It's my first expeerence in programming for Pocket PC, so something that is seem very easy for you for me is not...Sorry for my English...If you know russian it's would be easer for me to tell you what I need thank's!

|||

He says he is using dial-up to connect the Pocket PC with the server. So it would make the most sense to me to store everything he needs locally and only once in a while make a connection to the server to synchronize stuff (RDA or merge).

About that Framework message you get; apart from .NET CF2 did you install SQL Client 2.0 and SQL Server Mobile 2005 on your Pocket PC?

|||

I'll connect them throw Internet...

Thank's.

Sorry for my English.

|||

I think same...

I install full SQL 2005 Server and Mobile Server with native Client..So also think that if i synchronize databaseses they will updates once when connected if it needed.....

Sorry for my english...it's auful I know...

Thank's

|||

Tom v E wrote:

About that Framework message you get; apart from .NET CF2 did you install SQL Client 2.0 and SQL Server Mobile 2005 on your Pocket PC?

Now I dont use now real Pocket PC and this is the biggest problem..I emulate Pocket PC and Pocket OS.

|||

Hi,

SqlClient Vs SqlServerCe

SqlClient does not create any local database (that is SQL Mobile DB)

SqlServerCe would create a local database.

I recommend you to go through Merge Replication and RDA topics in our books online in detail to have a better understanding on how to get your job done.

Thanks

Laxmi Narsimha Rao ORUGANTI, MSFT, SQL Everywhere, Microsoft Corporation

No comments:

Post a Comment