Saturday, February 25, 2012

about tempdb

Guys,
I have question regarding tempdb. I have several dbs in my server and size
is totally 22G. I checked the tempdb, it is roughly 6G, is it normal? In
addition, for replication, where can I find snapshot agent folder? because I
want to change the folder, how can I do that? Thanks.Hello,
Tempdb - 6GB
This is normal. If you have temporary operations like ORDER BY, GROUP BY or
Temporary table creation then it is usual that TEMPDB will grow.
But I recommend you to size the tempdb based on your requirement; Autogrowth
on tempdb will cause more resource utilization.
I have not moved a snapshot folder and hence I can not comment on this
Thanks
Hari
"Iter" <Iter@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:1C90F76D-7C73-4866-9E30-CB9110182D93@.microsoft.com...
> Guys,
> I have question regarding tempdb. I have several dbs in my server and size
> is totally 22G. I checked the tempdb, it is roughly 6G, is it normal? In
> addition, for replication, where can I find snapshot agent folder? because
> I
> want to change the folder, how can I do that? Thanks.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment