Saturday, February 25, 2012

About SQL2000 Performance

Hi all,
i have a database SQL 2000 with size 5.6 Gbyte and more table and index on
my server 2 PIII 700 with 2 Gbyte of RAM.
Nearly always i see (with task manager) that sqlserver.exe working with 1.9
Gbyte di RAM and the connection to my db is more slow (some time time out!)
My web server that make the connect to my SQL Server do not have any problem
to work.
I try to trace some counters with performance monitor and view this value
(average) on my server DB :
% Processor Time 12.334
Active Transactions 17.011
User connections 60.111
Number of deadlock/sec 0
Aviable MByte 16.770
Totale Server Memory 1933424
The question is :
How i determine the proportions dor the RAM of my server to working my db
SQL optimal ?!?
For the RAM the actual memory (2 Gbyte) is sufficient ?
Thanks in advance
--
Do you have any other apps that SQL Server running on this server? What is
your cache hit ratio? If it is at about 98% or higher you may want to set
your max memory setting in SQL Server to about 1.5GB and see if that helps
some. SQL Server will still use about 1.75GB but that will leave some
memory dedicated for the other apps and the OS without SQL Server having to
dynamically manage it and swap back and forth.
Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP
<io.com> wrote in message news:O7eCrC3gEHA.216@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Hi all,
> i have a database SQL 2000 with size 5.6 Gbyte and more table and index
on
> my server 2 PIII 700 with 2 Gbyte of RAM.
> Nearly always i see (with task manager) that sqlserver.exe working with
1.9
> Gbyte di RAM and the connection to my db is more slow (some time time
out!)
> My web server that make the connect to my SQL Server do not have any
problem
> to work.
> I try to trace some counters with performance monitor and view this value
> (average) on my server DB :
> % Processor Time 12.334
> Active Transactions 17.011
> User connections 60.111
> Number of deadlock/sec 0
> Aviable MByte 16.770
> Totale Server Memory 1933424
> The question is :
> How i determine the proportions dor the RAM of my server to working my db
> SQL optimal ?!?
> For the RAM the actual memory (2 Gbyte) is sufficient ?
> Thanks in advance
> --
> --
>

No comments:

Post a Comment