Sunday, February 19, 2012

About retore a database which is not publication database

Hi Guys,
If I want to retore a database which is not publication database into a
replication database and I want to keep replication , how to do? Thanks.
I'm not too sure what you mean by 'restoring a database into another
database'. If you mean you want to restore a backup of a subscriber and use
it as a template for another subscriber, then you're talking about a nosync
initialization; please have a look here:
http://www.replicationanswers.com/NoSyncOn2005.asp
If you're using sql server 2000 you can use this article instead:
http://www.replicationanswers.com/NoSyncInitializations.asp
Cheers,
Paul Ibison SQL Server MVP, www.replicationanswers.com .
|||Sorry I didn't state clearly. I have database that has replication on it and
it is used for publication. Now I want to restore a database on this
database, but the database copy is not publication database, that is mean
this is not replication database backup copy. But I still want to use
replicaton after restore it. Because my case is after restore this database
using database copy that is not replication database, the replication is
gone, and I have to re-create a replication, make me trouble. How to fix it?
thanks.
"Paul Ibison" wrote:

> I'm not too sure what you mean by 'restoring a database into another
> database'. If you mean you want to restore a backup of a subscriber and use
> it as a template for another subscriber, then you're talking about a nosync
> initialization; please have a look here:
> http://www.replicationanswers.com/NoSyncOn2005.asp
> If you're using sql server 2000 you can use this article instead:
> http://www.replicationanswers.com/NoSyncInitializations.asp
> Cheers,
> Paul Ibison SQL Server MVP, www.replicationanswers.com .
>
>
|||When you restore the published database with a backup of the database that is
NOT replicated, by design the replication information stored in the system
tables is overwritten. So your replication will be gone.
So before you restore the database, generate a replication script which can
be used to restore your replicaiton environment after you've restored.
You will have to modify the repl script to do a nosync (see Paul's
suggestion) to ensure that the snapshots don't get applied all over again.
HTH
Emaniel
"Iter" wrote:
[vbcol=seagreen]
> Sorry I didn't state clearly. I have database that has replication on it and
> it is used for publication. Now I want to restore a database on this
> database, but the database copy is not publication database, that is mean
> this is not replication database backup copy. But I still want to use
> replicaton after restore it. Because my case is after restore this database
> using database copy that is not replication database, the replication is
> gone, and I have to re-create a replication, make me trouble. How to fix it?
> thanks.
>
> "Paul Ibison" wrote:

No comments:

Post a Comment