Monday, February 13, 2012

About lost sa password when rebuild master database

Hi Guys,
I rebuild master database in order to change collation setting, but I lost
sa password After rebuild. I couldn't logon into database with sa. Why is it
like this, can I re-get sa password? Thanks.
Jerry MuNot sure what could have happen but ... have you tried to log in as a member
of the BUILTIN\Administrators group?
Ben Nevarez, MCDBA, OCP
Database Administrator
"Iter" wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> I rebuild master database in order to change collation setting, but I lost
> sa password After rebuild. I couldn't logon into database with sa. Why is it
> like this, can I re-get sa password? Thanks.
> Jerry Mu
>|||login with a Windows NT account that is part of sysadmin
(builtin\administrator) and reset the password.
e.g.
exec sp_password null,'new password', 'sa'
-oj
"Iter" <Iter@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:A02122C4-8006-4D6E-99B1-A2D0DD016362@.microsoft.com...
> Hi Guys,
> I rebuild master database in order to change collation setting, but I lost
> sa password After rebuild. I couldn't logon into database with sa. Why is
> it
> like this, can I re-get sa password? Thanks.
> Jerry Mu
>

No comments:

Post a Comment