Sunday, February 19, 2012

about Processor License

Hi,
we have one Windows 2000 Server which just upgraded from 2 processors
to 4 processors, my question is: if I buy two more licenses for SQL
Server, how can I upgrade? do I need reinstall sql server, or I just
don't need do nothing?
Thanks.You shouldn't have to do anything to SQL Server to take advantage of the
additional processors. You can add the licenses in the SQL 2000 Licensing
Setup control panel, but I'm not sure that this anything more than document
your licenses.
Mike Kruchten
"Woody" <woodygu@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:2313e36d.0408120808.1f082209@.posting.google.com...
> Hi,
> we have one Windows 2000 Server which just upgraded from 2 processors
> to 4 processors, my question is: if I buy two more licenses for SQL
> Server, how can I upgrade? do I need reinstall sql server, or I just
> don't need do nothing?
> Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment