Monday, February 13, 2012

ABout identity column in replication

Hi Guys,
I read the microsoft article about how to handle the identity column in
replication. There is sentence: " If you are using transactional replication
with the immediate-updating Subscribers option, do not use the IDENTITY NOT
FOR REPLICATION design." That means I can not use the IDENTITY NOT FOR
REPLICATION option when I want to use transactional replication with the
immediate-updating Subscribers options, is that correct? That also means I
cannot created identity column in subscriber, right? If I do need to create
identity column in the subscriber, how can I work around? Thanks
This isn't correct. If you have immediate updating you don't need NFR as the
transaction is applied on the publisher before the subscriber.
You can use NFR and identity columns on the subscriber, however, but it is
not necessary.
Hilary Cotter
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
http://www.indexserverfaq.com
"Iter" <Iter@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:43F4ECD0-EDC3-4932-AF29-C2782E66CEDD@.microsoft.com...
> Hi Guys,
> I read the microsoft article about how to handle the identity column in
> replication. There is sentence: " If you are using transactional
> replication
> with the immediate-updating Subscribers option, do not use the IDENTITY
> NOT
> FOR REPLICATION design." That means I can not use the IDENTITY NOT FOR
> REPLICATION option when I want to use transactional replication with the
> immediate-updating Subscribers options, is that correct? That also means I
> cannot created identity column in subscriber, right? If I do need to
> create
> identity column in the subscriber, how can I work around? Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment