Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Access Denied

I have a web application in one server and reporting service in another
server. This web application is to list out report items. When I call web
application in any client machine, error is always shown - 'The request
failed with HTTP status 401: Access Denied'. But if I install the reporting
service and web application in same server, there is no problem. Can anyone
help me ?Open the RSWebApplication.config file with a text editor. The first few
lines of the file will be similar to the following:
<Configuration>
<UI>
<ReportServerUrl>http://servername/ReportServer</ReportServerUrl>
</UI>
Replace the text between <ReportServerUrl> and </ReportServerUrl> with the
complete address that should be used to access the Reports website like,
<Configuration>
<UI>
<ReportServerUrl>http://www.xyzname.com/ReportServer</ReportServerUrl>
</UI>
or with IP address
<Configuration>
<UI>
<ReportServerUrl>http://192.162.x.y/ReportServer</ReportServerUrl>
</UI>
Hope this helps,
Barbaros Saglamtimur
MCDBA, MCAD
"May Liu" <MayLiu@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:CF1F5CDB-596B-4015-8FE4-8D9B7D85D803@.microsoft.com...
>I have a web application in one server and reporting service in another
> server. This web application is to list out report items. When I call
> web
> application in any client machine, error is always shown - 'The request
> failed with HTTP status 401: Access Denied'. But if I install the
> reporting
> service and web application in same server, there is no problem. Can
> anyone
> help me ?

No comments:

Post a Comment