Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Access DB Security Problem - Works on localhost

I have RS 2005 running on a 2003 server.
This report access an Access database located on a network fileshare, which
is a different server than where RS is running. Using Windows Integrated
Security, the report runs fine on the RS server (logged in as myself), but
will not run when I try to access the report from my machine (again, logged
in as myself). The error I get on my machine is:
An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
Cannot create a connection to data source 'CAS'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)
The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file [SERVER]. It is
already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view
its data.
Again, I only get this when accessing from my machine. The report works
fine from the RS host server. The access database is located on a different
machine. The user is the same in both instances, so something else is going
on. Please help.Under the credentials for the data source on the server try putting in a
user and password (store the password) and see if that works. I think what
is hitting you is the double hop issue.
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"honus" <honus@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:9B43E798-636B-43BF-9867-9209E5E48B3D@.microsoft.com...
>I have RS 2005 running on a 2003 server.
> This report access an Access database located on a network fileshare,
> which
> is a different server than where RS is running. Using Windows Integrated
> Security, the report runs fine on the RS server (logged in as myself), but
> will not run when I try to access the report from my machine (again,
> logged
> in as myself). The error I get on my machine is:
> An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
> Cannot create a connection to data source 'CAS'.
> (rsErrorOpeningConnection)
> The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file [SERVER]. It is
> already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view
> its data.
> Again, I only get this when accessing from my machine. The report works
> fine from the RS host server. The access database is located on a
> different
> machine. The user is the same in both instances, so something else is
> going
> on. Please help.

No comments:

Post a Comment