Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Access DB vs. SQL server

Hi, I'm developing a web application that could have up to about 700 people connected to it at the same time. I love MS Access so I would love to be able to use an access database here, but I'm concerned that it won't be able to handle all the users. Should I just create an SQL server database for this application or am I worrying for nothing here? I'll be using Visual studio .NET 2003 to create this app.
ThanksPersonally, unless the application makes very light use of the database, Access will get crushed by 700 simultaneous users, even Web users.|||Thanks. Given that I'm only comfortable with Access right now, do you think SQL server is the way to go for me?|||I personally like SQL Server. The terminology and tools are different, even though they are both from Microsoft, but SQL Server is about the easiest to use full server based database system I have used. You can attach to the SQL Server database to edit/query data if you are more comfortable using Access, though for database schema changes, etc, you will need to use Enterprise manager or similar tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment