Sunday, March 25, 2012

Access cannot see MSDE when network cable disonnected

When my users are in the field and try to switch databases the
connection tool cannot see any servers even thought I know they are
there. The data link properties dialog does not see them. Also my data
entry program also cannot see them but is using sqldmo to list the
servers. However my SQL Service manager (inside my task bar) Can see
them. Any pointers on how to let the access project or the sqldmo
objects see the servers when they are disconnected. I even tried using
ODBC with no luck.
Thanks for any help.
Shane
Hello,
Personnaly, I use the following
Dim ListSvr As NameList
Set ListSvr = SQLDMO.ListAvailableSQLServers
' I add the servers to a collection after removing the ones I don't want
to show
' After that,
Set oServer = New SQLDMO.SQLServer2
Set ListSvr = oServer.ListInstalledInstances
' This function always work but only for the local instances (named or not)
' I add the needed servers to the other collection but I don't put the
servers already listed before
Marc Allard
Allcomp
Shane Lim wrote:
> When my users are in the field and try to switch databases the
> connection tool cannot see any servers even thought I know they are
> there. The data link properties dialog does not see them. Also my data
> entry program also cannot see them but is using sqldmo to list the
> servers. However my SQL Service manager (inside my task bar) Can see
> them. Any pointers on how to let the access project or the sqldmo
> objects see the servers when they are disconnected. I even tried using
> ODBC with no luck.
> Thanks for any help.
> Shane
>
|||That is PERFECT!!
On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 10:39:39 +0100, Allcomp <marc@.nospam.allcomp.be>
wrote:
[vbcol=seagreen]
>Hello,
>Personnaly, I use the following
>Dim ListSvr As NameList
>Set ListSvr = SQLDMO.ListAvailableSQLServers
>' I add the servers to a collection after removing the ones I don't want
>to show
>' After that,
>Set oServer = New SQLDMO.SQLServer2
>Set ListSvr = oServer.ListInstalledInstances
>' This function always work but only for the local instances (named or not)
>' I add the needed servers to the other collection but I don't put the
>servers already listed before
>Marc Allard
>Allcomp
>
>Shane Lim wrote:

No comments:

Post a Comment