Thursday, March 29, 2012

Access Denied - SQLSERVER 2005 Integration Services

Hi:

I am getting access denied error "cannot connect to server" while trying to connect Integration Services. I am trying to connect from my laptop to the SQLSERVER database server.

I followed the document "Connecting to a Remove Intergration Services Server" , doc id: aa337083.

But I can connect to IS if I log remotely to the server.

Any thoughts on this ?

Thanks

-Rajesh

I am getting following errors.

===================================

Cannot connect to cvsslmdd1-vm.

===================================

Failed to retrieve data for this request. (Microsoft.SqlServer.SmoEnum)


For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&LinkId=20476


Program Location:

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.Enumerator.Process(Object connectionInfo, Request request)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.VSIntegration.ObjectExplorer.ObjectExplorer.ValidateConnection(UIConnectionInfo ci, IServerType server)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.ConnectionDlg.Connector.ConnectionThreadUser()

===================================

Connect to SSIS Service on machine "cvsslmdd1-vm" failed:
Access is denied.
.

Program Location:

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Application.GetServerInfo(String server, String& serverVersion)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.SmoEnum.DTSEnum.GetData(EnumResult erParent)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.Environment.GetData()
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.Environment.GetData(Request req, Object ci)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.Enumerator.GetData(Object connectionInfo, Request request)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.Enumerator.Process(Object connectionInfo, Request request)

===================================

Connect to SSIS Service on machine "cvsslmdd1-vm" failed:
Access is denied.
.

Program Location:

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Wrapper.ApplicationClass.GetServerInfo(String bstrMachineName, String& serverVersion)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Application.GetServerInfo(String server, String& serverVersion)

Hi,

I have the same problem and I am not able to figure out why. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Venu

|||Have you followed Books Online procedure:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa337083.aspx|||Yes I did. I am a local admin on that box and it is fine for me. But it doesn't work for my colleague even though I followed the procedure.|||See this http://www.sql-server-performance.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22311 and I think BOL actions are incomplete.|||

SQLusert wrote:

See this http://www.sql-server-performance.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22311 and I think BOL actions are incomplete.

Or as blogged here:
http://www.ssistalk.com/2007/04/13/ssis-access-is-denied-when-connection-to-remote-ssis-service/sql

No comments:

Post a Comment