Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Access Database Synchronizer (ADS)

Hi All,

Today we are very pleased to announce the CTP release of Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Everywhere Edition Access Database Synchronizer (ADS) for which many of you been waiting eagerly. To download the product you can visit the SQL Server Mobile Edition/SQL Server Everywhere Edition product page or click on this link to Access Database Synchronizer reach the download page directly.

Access Database Synchronizer provides a way to synchronize data between Microsoft Access database on a desktop and Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Everywhere Edition database on a device.

For more details you can visit our blog - http://blogs.msdn.com/sqlservereverywhere/archive/2006/08/29/729730.aspx

I urge you all to install and try out the solution. We look forward to you providing us feedback about this solution so that we can make it better and as close to customer’s requirements as possible.

You can provide us feedback at SQL Server Mobile Edition/SQL Server Everywhere Edition MSDN Forum or SQL Server Everywhere Edition Blog - Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Everywhere Edition Access Database Synchronizer (ADS) or email me directly manish.agnihotri@.microsoft.com

Thanks,

Manish

Manish Agnihotri, Program Manager, SQL Server 2005 Everywhere Edition

Good news. But I want to know wherether this ADS can sync over air (Wi-Fi / TCP/IP) by Dll ?

Thanks

|||

Hi

Great news but what about SQL Express

Most serious developers dont touch Access

1. Can we modify this to access sql express

2. Or can we do SQL Everywhere synch to another SQL Everywhere database

Thanks

|||

No, you cannot sync over the air. One needs to establish a USB Active sync connection to sync

Regards

Manish

|||

No this cannot be modified to work with SQL Express or SQL Server Everywhere on desktop. This solution is targeted for Microsoft Access only. We had a big ask for this feature from developer community

Regards

Manish

|||

It is so strange that I can't use this tool to convert Access database into SQL mobile database?

I can't find any "Destop Data Sync Wizard" under Start--> Programs. (the readme file tells me to look for this)

The file I installed is SyncWithAccess-EN.msi

|||

Finally, after looked through the posts here, I understand now, I need to compile that sample program then use it. But when I try to open the project, it prompts me an error:

Error retrieving information from user datastore. Platform not found.

Then it said:

The project could not be opened because it refers to a device platform that does not exist in your datastore.

I already installed the WM5 Emulator, when I tried to use Visual Studio to connect to the "WM5 Device", it said sucessfully connected.

I don't have a WM5 PDA yet. The Visual Studio.net 2005 product I installed includes: VB, C#, VC++. I never used C# or VC++ though.

Can anyone tell me what is wrong?

Thanks!

|||

Try installing this:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=83a52af2-f524-4ec5-9155-717cbe5d25ed&DisplayLang=en

and this:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=dc6c00cb-738A-4B97-8910-5cd29ab5f8d9&DisplayLang=en

Thanks,

Laxmi

|||Consider that SQL Compact is designed to be used "Everywhere" shouldn't you spend a little time designing a device to desktop 1-to-1 sync capability?

Currently most of my work is done on larger Mobile > SQL 2000 / 2005 merge applications, but I would like to leverage the embeddable capabilites of SQL Compact to build a desktop app that communicates to a single mobile device.

Using Access is not desireable. I don't mind that I would be limited to an ActiveSync connection, since only one device / one desktop is the core design consideration I am looking at. I'd would just rather avoid Access. Given the direction that SQL Compact is taking, it looks like the long term idea is to replace the Access engine anyway, why not throw us a bone...

Also, after reading up on the Access sync, it looks like it works very similar to merge replication anyway. Except instesad of running in IIS, it runs as its own service. Thats fine too.. But SQL > SQL is better.

Please let us know if SQL Compact > SQL Compact sync is in the works.|||
Is

there any chance that we could see a sample app or sample code

demonstrating how one might go about creating "Custom Desktop Sync App"

using ADS? There is a very brief explanation on how to do it on the

ADS Readme file which says something about using “ssevas31.dll" and the

ListenSyncRequest but I have not been successful in figuring it out.

Thanks!

Mike|||

I was getting the same message...

"Error retrieving information from user datastore. Platform not found."

... when opening the solution, until I added the WM5 SDK to my machine that alrady had VS2005 Sp1 on it.

However...

The ADS Wizard doesn't seem to be working at all.

My WM5 PPC phone has CF2, SQL CE 3, and the ADS Wizard. All installed without a problem. Laptop's Access 2003 is at SP2. Northwinds file is in c:\

When I go to the phone and connect to the access DB, it returns "Unspecified error [sqlceca30.dll]"

We are terribly interested in understanding more, and would like to see this working.

Anyone?

Cheers

A1ex wrote:

Finally, after looked through the posts here, I understand now, I need to compile that sample program then use it. But when I try to open the project, it prompts me an error:

Error retrieving information from user datastore. Platform not found.

Then it said:

The project could not be opened because it refers to a device platform that does not exist in your datastore.

|||

Have you installed the SQL CE replication components: Either sqlce30.repl.phone.wce5.armv4i.CAB for SmartPhone (non touch screen) or sqlce30.repl.ppc.wce5.armv4i.CAB for PocketPC (touch screen). Sqlceca30.dll is included in these components (see http://www.microsoft.com/sql/editions/sqlmobile/installsdk.mspx)

|||Hi!

I have the following problem: the program runs perfectly in all cases, when my computer is connected to the LAN, without LAN connection the "A request to send data to the computer running IIS has failed" error presents. All settings are the same, IIS is running on the computer, from the computer I can see the http://(computer-name):1024 page... so the service is also running. How can I solve this problem, is there any solution for this? I'm using the program on a laptop, so it's needed....
Thanks|||

Have you added a firewall exception for the default port 1024 which ADS uses for communocating with the device? If not, adding the exception should solve your problem

|||

í can′t find the "Desktop Data Sync Wizard" either, i have installed the ADS without problems, but once done it, can′t find a way to configured it. I have installed it in a Windows XP Professional SP2 with MS Office 2003 and in the mobile device i′m running Windows CE 5.0. What i′m trying to do is to Sync an SDF database with MS Access 2003 in my PC. Is this posible? Should i installed in my PC or into the device or in both? Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

Roberto.

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment