Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Access database problem

Hi, I have problem connecting SQL2000 database.

I have installed .NetFramework 1.1 before and I got (local)\NetSDK instance name. I can connect any database under without any problem. However, I recently installed another database "Costoco" into the same instance from a bak file. And I try to connect it but it fails. I run a webapplication and use datagrid to show a table and the error message is following:

Cannot open database requested in login 'Costoco'. Login fails. Login failed for user 'AARON-HOME\ASPNET'

I checked ASPNET user and I even add this user to access the whole folder of the instance in Program files/SQLserver, it still happens.

I have no idea, and could any one help me?

Thanks.

It seems that the login have not been granted access to the new database. Please click 'Start'->'All Programs'->'Microsoft SQL Server'->'Enterprise Manager'. In EM, choose the 'NetSDK'instance, explore Security->Logins, find the login used in your application, double click it. In the Properties window, goto Data Access pannel, make sure the check box of the new database selected. Click 'ok' to save your change, then try again.|||Thanks a lot, It works!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment